Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Teaser . . .



I've decided to share my first Sexy Sunday Snippet (SSS) from DEVOURED. Hope you enjoy!

Gesturing to the empty seat across from me, Lucas asks, “Room for one more?”

“Not much for spending my free time with strangers,” I say through clenched teeth as I shake my head. “So, sorry, there’s not.”

He slides into the booth, stretching out his ridiculously long legs so that his calves straddle mine. I open my mouth to protest, but he holds up his hand. “Before you try to bullshit me, you should probably know I never forget a face.” Then, he lifts his eyebrows wickedly and says, “Or a body.”

“Don’t like to hear no, huh?”

He grins, cocks his head to one side as if he’s carefully studying me. “You really have to ask me that?”

Heat spreads across my skin. I ball up a sugar packet, squishing my thumb and forefinger into the grittiness and glare out the window at the door to Nielson’s office.

“You’re sexy when you’re nervous.”

“I’m not,” I say.

“Sexy?”

Drawing in a deep breath, I tear my gaze from the street and stare into his hazel eyes. “No, nervous.” But I’m sure he can hear the tremor in my voice, feel how my legs are shaking beneath the table right now. 

Lucas excels at getting a reaction from me. Especially trembling.



Also, my amazing friend Robyn made me a trailer and I'm so excited to share it! She did such a fantastic job on it--and OMG, Jared Padalecki makes me swoon. Warning: The trailer contains sexy images--nothing too bad, but you probably don't want to view if you're at work or around small ones.

2 comments:

  1. oh baby! I am looking forward to seeing this hit the shelves so to speak :0)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS