Monday, October 1, 2012

Day Two: The Playlist

I abso-freaking-lutely love playlists. One of the earliest things I did when writing DEVOURED is come up with my playlist. I may have tired my husband out by listening to the guy below a gazillion times a day (in my defense Nixon is GORGEOUS and utterly talented:


There's something about finding that perfect song for certain scenes that can really make characters jump off the page, and I often find myself mentally creating song lists when I'm reading books by my favorite authors, too. Here's a look at what I listened to while writing:

1. "Bad Romance" by Halestorm
2. "Wicked Game" by Stone Sour
3. "Addicted" by Saving Abel
4. "Lollipop" by Framing Hanley
5. "Toxic" by Britney Spears or Static Lullaby (depended on my mood for the day!)
6. "3" by Britney Spears
6."Take Me Under" by Three Days Grace
7. "Last to Know" by Three Days Grace
8. "Love Hurts" by Incubus
9."Say You'll Haunt Me" by Stone Sour
10. "Birthday Cake" by Rihanna
11. "The Promise" by In This Moment
12."Tainted Love" by Marilyn Manson
13."Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys
14. "Built for Sin" by Framing Hanley
15. "You Belong with Me" by Taylor Swift (the ringtone Sienna uses for Tori)
16. "What Goes Around" by Justin Timberlake
17. "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry
18. "Why Can't I" by Liz Phair
19. "She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd
20. "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne
21.  "About Her" by Malcolm McLaren
22. "Sorry" by Buckcherry

So, how about you guys, do you find yourself making playlists for books as you read them, too? Or are you working on a book and have to play music while you write?

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend that makes an entire playlist, which is cool. I just have one song for a book, but I like seeing what the authors listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome playlist! I think of songs once in awhile when reading books, but not often. I find that I focus entirely on the words I'm reading & picturing the scenes in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how there's a point where you are absolutely obsessed with a song/album/artist and you listen to it over and over? Well when Iread a book and simultaneously crave the music I am fawning over. They kind of link. then when I re-read the book, listen to the music again, I think of that experience. (:

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS