Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Stacked

Here's my first Teaser Tuesday for my new adult novel, STACKED. Hope you guys enjoy!










Bennett is that guy. That guy who gives me judgmental looks when we’re in the elevator together or when he passes me in the dining hall. That guy that makes me alternate between wanting to knee him in the groin or kissing him until I can’t feel my lips because he’s both infuriating and sexy. The lousy ass resident adviser who had written me up for gambling in my dorm room last semester, turning Christmas break with my parents into a living hell.

Ugh, now that I think about it, kissing Bennett is the last thing on my mind.

Sort of.

Rolling my eyes, I move to slam the door in his face but he shoves his boot into my room. “I’m not playing poker, shithead. Or having loud sex. Please go away so I can get back to studying,” I hiss.

A faint flush creeps up his neck, and he scratches the back of his head, glancing down at my bare feet. The expression makes him look vulnerable and irresistible. I wrinkle my nose at the thought.

Focus, Delilah, I tell myself. This prick is the reason why you don’t have your car on campus.

“Look, I know we haven’t exactly started out on the right foot.”

I nudge the door together a little more. “And if you don’t move yours, I’ll smash it. You are wasting my study time.” But there’s a fierce tug in my stomach even as I say this.

“I need a favor,” he blurts out.

Bennett is asking a favor of me. My resident adviser, the one who probably hates me, wants me to do him a solid. Lifting an eyebrow, I purse my lips, waiting.

He darts his green eyes down again. When he finally glances back up to meet my impatient gaze, the look on his face is different—tough and cocky. Apparently, he realizes the innocent fa├žade does absolutely nothing for me. “I need you to teach me how to play poker, Delilah.”

*Note: This is unrevised work and will likely change in the final draft.

10 comments:

  1. When is this one coming out??? I already LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH I want! Is there a release date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I will be reading this as soon as it comes out. Sounds interesting. Write faster, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pic on this post!!! And this sounds like it is going to be another great book. But not surprising after DEVOURED! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everyone! I THINK this is coming out between early January and mid February. It's already written but I'm doing a major revision. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg i cant wait to read it! im excitedd!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any update on when you might be releasing Stacked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes out in October under the title "Lucky Me"! :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS